From PARC, we have some beliefs that are neccessaries also to carry out our work and to be able to progrees in coherence with our values and principles: We believe that, the Palestinian people have the right, like the rest of the people in the earth, to have freedom and sovereignty over their territory and resources in an independent state.
From PARC, we have some beliefs that are neccessaries also to carry out our work and to be able to progress in coherence with our values and principles:
- We believe that, the Palestinian people have the right, like the rest of the people in the earth, to have freedom and sovereignty over their territory and resources in an independent state.
- We believe that, the Israeli ocupation of Palestine is illegitimate and that until the end of this occupation, Israel must be hold accountable for all violations of Palestinian rights.
- We believe that, the Palestinian agricultural sector throughout the years of occupation and since the establishment of the Palestinian National Authority has been marginalized and did not get its right to development and neither sufficient budget was allocated to do so.
- We believe that, grassroots organizations in agriculture and rural communities have an important role in promoting the agricultural sector and their communities, and so adequate resources and support must be ensured.
- We believe that women, in general, and rural women, in particular, have been marginalized given that they constitute a fundamental driving force for change, while the enhancement of their role and their empowerment are two of the most important pillars of sustainable development.
- Since the Palestinian society is a young society, in which more than 50% are youths, building their capacities is integral to their development and to meet their needs and aspirations.
- We believe that the private sector has an important role to play in the development of the agricultural sector, without transforming small farmers to farm workers.
- We believe that solidarity groups are an important supporter of the struggle of the Palestinian people and they play a major role in exposing the practices of the occupation, which requires special attention to strengthening ties with these groups in all parts of the world.
- We believe that the achievement of PARC’s goals and programs and maintaining its excellence and leadership require a modern leadership and an institutional management that take into account the significant changes taking place in the civil society nationally, regionally and globally.